Dr. Gardner grew up in Virginia Beach and attended Virginia Military Institute where he was a class officer, cadet captain, and on the wrestling team. After graduating from the West Virginia University School of Medicine, he completed his Family Practice internship at Riverside Hospital in Newport News, VA. From 1979-1982 he was a general medical officer in the U.S. Army serving in Germany and the Netherlands. He returned to Virginia Beach to finish his residency at the First Colonial Family Practice program of the Medical College of Virginia. Dr. Gardner has been in private practice since 1985 and has been active in various medical organizations. He enjoys the challenge of Family Practice, especially in the areas of disease prevention and healthy living. Dr. Gardner and his wife reside in Alexandria. He is a military history buff and is currently researching his family genealogy.
Honors and Awards
- Top Doctor, Consumers’ Checkbook: 2015 -2016
- Top Doctor, The Global Directory of Who’s Who: 2013
- Top Rated Primary Care Doctor, Washington Consumers Checkbook Magazine: 2013, 2012
- Best Doctor in Virginia, Virginia Living Magazine: 2011
- Best Doctor in America: 2005-2012