Coronavirus Update (March 2, 2020)
The providers at NVFPA want you to know that we are closely monitoring the fast-moving situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We understand there is concern among our patients and will do what we can to inform you and try to keep any risk of spread to a minimum.
We recommend the best way to monitor the situation is to follow the CDC at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. This site is constantly being updated with the latest statistics and recommendations.
We are also implementing the CDC recommendations for health care clinics to prevent the spread of coronavirus. This will also likely prevent the spread of influenza as well.
Again, we recommend these reminders to prevent the spread of any virus, including influenza and coronavirus:
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular
household cleaning spray or wipe.
Please feel free to call us at NVFPA if you have any questions.
The Providers at NVFPA