- Friday April 5th, 2019: Put on your walking shoes and join us! April 1, 2019
- Age-Proof Your Body Class Series: Walking & Running March 25, 2019
Walking Speed: an important indicator of health
There’s a lot you can tell about someone simply based upon how they walk! As healthcare practitioners, simply observing walking characteristics and gait speed can tell us information about:
- Balance confidence
- Overall health
- Ability to recovery from hospitalization and surgery
- Life Expectancy
- And much more!
In fact, walking ... Continue Reading
- Dr. Cecily Havert: Women and Heart Disease March 12, 2019
Heart disease in women is more common than one may think. In fact, more women die from heart disease than from breast cancer every year, but there are many barriers which keep women from getting the care they need. Education is key to breaking down these walls. Join Dr. Cecily Dvorak Havert to learn about ... Continue Reading
- Introducing: Age-Proof Your Body Class Series! March 8, 2019
This month, Northern Virginia Family Practice and MovementX were proud to introduce the first classes of the ‘Age-Proof Your Body’ exercises class series. The series is comprised of 8 classes that cover a variety of topics from strength and mobility to balance and posture. If you would like to attend an upcoming class, ... Continue Reading
- Age-Proof Your Body: Class #3 Summary March 6, 2019
Our special “Age-Proof Your Body” exercise series continues! You’ll find a summary of class #3 below, and illustrations to help you try these at home. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Our next class focused on Shoulder & Arm Mobility & Strengthening, will be held Monday, March 18th from 10:45 am-11:45 am and ... Continue Reading
- George Washington Parkway Classic March 6, 2019
We’re Taking it to the Streets
Join the NVFP Get Fit Team
at the Parkway Classic on Sunday, April 28th
Contact us to register today!Continue Reading
- Age-Proof Your Body: Class Summary February 22, 2019
Our special “Age-Proof Your Body” exercise series, designed with the Doctors of Physical Therapy at MovementX to help patients get active at any age, is off to a great start! You’ll find a summary of our first two classes below, and illustrations to help you try these at home. Let us know if you have any ... Continue Reading
- NVFPA Teams Up with MovementX February 15, 2019
We’re on the Move! NVFPA Teams Up with MovementX to Offer Patients an Exclusive Exercise Program
NVFPA is delighted to announce the launch of our special “Age-Proof Your Body” exercise series, designed ... Continue Reading
- American Heart Month: Healthy Recipe February 8, 2019
February is American Heart Month.
Enjoy this delicious recipe that will nourish your heart and soul.
Click Here to find a list of other heart-healthy recipes provided by the American Heart Association.
- Dr. Beauvais in the Community January 15, 2019
Left to right:
Ann Stone NWHM Secretary, Joan Bradley Wages, NWHM President Emerita, Natasha W. Lewry Beauvais, MD, MPH, Carolyn Thompson, CEO Washington Women’s Leadership Initiative