- Walk with Dr. Beauvais | Fridays, Oct. 14, Nov. 11, and Dec. 2 October 13, 2016
Steppin’ Out with Dr. Beauvais
Put on your walking shoes and join us for a fun filled morning. Walk with Dr. Beauvais and meet other members of the practice.
Friday, Oct. 14
Friday, Nov. 11
Friday, Dec. 2
11:30 am – 12:30 pm
Fort Ward Park
4401 W. Braddock Rd.
RSVP: Lauren (703) 647-4966
Family, friends, strollers and pets are ... Continue Reading
- Patient News & Events September 5, 2016
- Speaker Event: NVFP hosted our third educational presentation of the year on September 13th, 2016. This presentation focused on health nutrition and eating habits for weight loss. Our presenter, Rebecca Mohning, RD, also spoke at our two previous educational events on May 3rd, 2016, and January 26th, 2016, about healthy eating habits and heart healthy nutrition.
- American Red Cross Blood Drive: Our inaugural ... Continue Reading
- The Zika Virus: Prevention is the First Line of Defense August 22, 2016
As the Zika virus continues to make headlines daily, it is essential to know who is at risk, how it is transmitted and most importantly, to understand strategies for prevention. Following are the latest findings on Zika, according to experts at the Centers ... Continue Reading
- Sleep: A Prescription for Better Health May 1, 2015
In today’s time-pressed world, a full night’s sleep has become akin to a luxury, but beware: it is a vital necessity. Lack of sleep affects your health, from stress to heart disease to overall well-being. Even an occasional all-nighter impedes our ability to ... Continue Reading
- Lyme Disease: Solving the Puzzle May 1, 2015
Unsurprisingly for an illness known as “The Great Imitator,” the misconceptions surrounding Lyme Disease continue to proliferate. Acute or chronic? Highly treatable or stubbornly resistant? Misdiagnosed because of symptoms that mimic conditions like lupus, multiple ... Continue Reading
- Smoothies: Nutrition That Goes Down Easy August 19, 2014
Freeze the fruit and boot up the blender—summer is the perfect time to develop a taste for smoothies. With the right ingredients, a day’s worth of vitamins and minerals can be packed into a remarkably healthy breakfast or working lunch. Smoothies can be found ... Continue Reading
- Prescriptions: Take Exactly as Directed August 19, 2014
Look inside your medicine cabinet at your prescription bottles and ask: Have I read the label, stickered warnings and instructions? Have I discarded medications past their expiration dates? The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports that 80 percent of patients do ... Continue Reading
- Calorie Counting: A Weigh In August 19, 2014
Conventional wisdom: a calorie is a calorie, and to lose weight, you must take in fewer calories than you expend.
Fast forward to today: all calories are not created equal. What makes up that calorie is more important than the ... Continue Reading
- Eating Patterns and Good Health July 16, 2014
For generations, people have considered two distinctly different questions about eating habits: which diet is healthiest versus which diet results in the greatest weight loss. It has long been thought that the Mediterranean approach to eating is healthy, and new ... Continue Reading
- Artificial Sweeteners vs. Sugar May 13, 2014
When you reach for the artificial sweetener, do you pick the pink, nab a yellow, prefer the blue or go green? The difference may be less important than you think.
Each of the sweeteners contains a different FDA-approved main ingredient. For ... Continue Reading