Be Well, Virginia Town Hall: Standing PROUD in Healthcare with Dr. Adam Sasso and Bethany Wolf-StuthJune 29, 2020
Be Well, Virginia Town Hall: Rebecca Mohning, MS, RD, CSSD, LD, Registered DieticianJune 26, 2020
- The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-Neutral September 27, 2019Continue Reading
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women very differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine glass half full or half empty when considering the risk-versus-benefit ...
- Happiness Continuum: When Are the Best Years of Our Lives? September 27, 2019Continue Reading
Like trying to define why some people are born to be joyful and others to play the role of curmudgeon, ...
- Safe Passage: Navigating Your Prescription Drugs, From Pickup to Takeback September 25, 2019Continue Reading
If you are not taking your prescription medications as directed (or at all), you’re far from alone: Compliance is estimated at just 50% among U.S. patients. Unfortunately, adherence is a direct impact on quality and length of life, and overall healthcare costs, accounting for up to 50% ...
- Walk With The Doc Recap: September 13th September 18, 2019Continue Reading
Last Friday, the monthly Steppin’ Out walk drew a friendly and enthusiastic gathering of NVPA patients, staff members…even a cute baby…to enjoy the benefits of a walk and relaxed conversation.
Some participants included:
• Dr. Natasha Beauvais
• Dr. Cecily ...
- ‘Age-Proof Your Body’ Class is Back in Session! September 16, 2019Continue Reading
We’re delighted to announce a second series of our popular classes designed to help patients at Northern Virginia Family Practice (NVFP) get moving – safely, easily and effectively. Back by popular demand, the ‘Age-Proof Your Body’ 8-class series, led by NVFP ...
- Friday, September 13th: Put on your walking shoes and join us! September 10, 2019Continue Reading
- Kidney Stones: Treatment & Prevention September 4, 2019Continue Reading
This Too Shall Pass: Treating and Preventing Kidney Stones
More common, frequently less painful and far more preventable than reputed, kidney stones have, thankfully, entered a new era of highly effective, noninvasive procedures. We bring you ...
- August 9th: Walk with Us! August 6, 2019Continue Reading
- Keto Diet: Right for You? August 1, 2019Continue Reading
Considering Keto: Is It the Right Diet for You?
The truth is that a silver bullet for weight loss likely does not exist, but Americans’ perpetual search continues unabated. Low-carb diets such as Paleo, Whole30, and most prominently, Ketogenics, or ...
- 7/18/2019: Arlington Library Talk: Wellness in the LGBTQ Community July 15, 2019Continue Reading
Together we can change attitudes, assumptions and disparities affecting LGBTQ health.
While LGBTQ individuals have many of the same health concerns as the general population, they experience certain health challenges at higher rates, and also face several unique issues, from ...