Coronavirus Vaccine: Expert Says, ‘We Need Time to Get This Right’July 7, 2020
Superfoods and Your Immune SystemJuly 7, 2020
- April 25th: NVFP Open House April 16, 2019
Join us for an Open House at NVFP
Welcome Dr. Cecily Havert
And chat with our NVFP providers
Enjoy light bites and beveragesWhen: Thursday, April 25th 5:30-7:30 pmWhere: Our office, 4401 Ford Avenue, Suite 250, ...Continue Reading
- Dr. Natasha Beauvais is in the News April 16, 2019Continue Reading
Are you curious about the key to aging in place? Check out Dr. Beauvais recent article featured in the Alexandria Patch. This is a piece that ties in with the ‘Age-Proof Your Body’ exercises class series with MovementX. You ...
- Arlington Central Library Talk: Drs. Havert and Beauvais Engage and Educate on Women and Heart Disease April 8, 2019Continue Reading
The message couldn’t be clearer: for women, heart disease remains the number one cause of death, with risk factors and warning signs that are very different from men. At a recent, well-attended Arlington Central Library talk, Dr. Cecily Havert and Dr. Natasha Beauvais illuminated the issue with vital details on gender-specific symptoms, when women should ...
- Spring Training April 2, 2019Continue Reading
Spring Training: Ramping Up after a Long, Sedentary Winter
Whether you went into hibernation as the result of a record cold winter season, or took time off from your usual exercise routine because of a busy ...
- Medical Marijuana Myths April 2, 2019Continue Reading
Smoking Out the Myths: Medical Marijuana
Does medical marijuana offer a solution to treating epilepsy, chronic pain, anxiety and neurogenerative diseases? Or is it an untested, potentially unsafe treatment that will eventually turn out to be ...
- Adult ADD April 2, 2019Continue Reading
Attention Please: ADD/ADHD is Not Just a Childhood Condition
In the 21stcentury, it’s standard procedure to test unfocused, impulsive and restless children who struggle to achieve in school for Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit ...
- Friday April 5th, 2019: Put on your walking shoes and join us! April 1, 2019Continue Reading
- Age-Proof Your Body Class Series: Walking & Running March 25, 2019Continue Reading
Walking Speed: an important indicator of health
There’s a lot you can tell about someone simply based upon how they walk! As healthcare practitioners, simply observing walking characteristics and gait speed can tell us information about:
- Balance confidence
- Overall health
- Ability to recovery from hospitalization and surgery
- Life Expectancy
- And much more!
In fact, walking ...
- Dr. Cecily Havert: Women and Heart Disease March 12, 2019Continue Reading
Heart disease in women is more common than one may think. In fact, more women die from heart disease than from breast cancer every year, but there are many barriers which keep women from getting the care they need. Education is key to breaking down these walls. Join Dr. Cecily Dvorak Havert to learn about ...
- Introducing: Age-Proof Your Body Class Series! March 8, 2019Continue Reading
This month, Northern Virginia Family Practice and MovementX were proud to introduce the first classes of the ‘Age-Proof Your Body’ exercises class series. The series is comprised of 8 classes that cover a variety of topics from strength and mobility to balance and posture. If you would like to attend an upcoming class, ...
- Dr. Natasha Beauvais is in the News April 16, 2019