All Staying Active News
- Walk With The Doc Recap: September 13th September 18, 2019Continue Reading
Last Friday, the monthly Steppin’ Out walk drew ...
- ‘Age-Proof Your Body’ Class is Back in Session! September 16, 2019Continue Reading
We’re delighted to announce a second series of our popular classes designed to help patients at Northern Virginia Family Practice (NVFP) get moving – safely, easily and effectively. ...
- Friday, September 13th: Put on your walking shoes and join us! September 10, 2019Continue Reading
- August 9th: Walk with Us! August 6, 2019Continue Reading
- Fighting Fatigue July 9, 2019Continue Reading
Wake-up Call: Fighting Fatigue at Its Roots
Feel like you are fighting fatigue throughout the day, the joy in life slowly diminishing and your active lifestyle becoming a distant memory? Are these ordinary signs of ...
- Friday, July 12th: Put on your walking shoes and join us! July 9, 2019Continue Reading
- Walk With The Doc Recap: May 10th May 13, 2019Continue Reading
Last Friday, the monthly Steppin’ Out walk drew a friendly and enthusiastic gathering of NVPA ...
- Spring Fitness April 2, 2019Continue Reading
Ramping Up your Sprint Fitness after a Long, Sedentary Winter
Whether you went into hibernation as the result of a record cold winter season, or took time off from your usual exercise routine because of ...
- Age-Proof Your Body Class Series: Walking & Running March 25, 2019Continue Reading
Walking Speed: an important indicator of health
There’s a lot you can tell about someone simply based upon how they walk! As healthcare practitioners, simply observing walking characteristics and gait speed can tell us information about:
- Balance confidence
- Overall health
- Ability to recovery from hospitalization and surgery
- Life Expectancy
- And much more!
In fact, walking ...
- Introducing: Age-Proof Your Body Class Series! March 8, 2019Continue Reading
This month, Northern Virginia Family Practice and MovementX were proud to introduce the first classes of the ‘Age-Proof Your Body’ exercises class series. The series is comprised of 8 classes that cover a variety of topics from strength and mobility to balance and posture. If you would like to attend an upcoming class, ...