All Wellness News
- Alcohol: Not Gender-Neutral December 2, 2019
The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-aNeutral
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women very differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine glass ... Continue Reading
- When Are the Best Years of Our Lives? November 26, 2019
Happiness Continuum: When Are the Best Years of Our Lives?
Is there a predetermined peak age for happiness, before which our normal outlook is gloomy and melancholy and after which we slump back into these non-euphoric ways?
Like trying to define why some people are ... Continue Reading
- Friday, September 13th: Put on your walking shoes and join us! September 10, 2019
- Fight Fatigue July 9, 2019
Wake-up Call: Fight Fatigue at Its Roots
Are these ordinary signs of aging? Exhausted throughout the day, joy in life slowly diminishing, active lifestyle becoming a distant memory. No, no and no. Feeling tired all the ... Continue Reading
- Friday, July 12th: Put on your walking shoes and join us! July 9, 2019
- Dr. Natasha Beauvais is in the News April 16, 2019
Are you curious about the key to aging in place? Check out Dr. Beauvais recent article featured in the Alexandria Patch. This is a piece that ties in with the ‘Age-Proof Your Body’ exercises class series with MovementX. You ... Continue Reading
- Age-Proof Your Body Class Series: Walking & Running March 25, 2019
Walking Speed: an important indicator of health
There’s a lot you can tell about someone simply based upon how they walk! As healthcare practitioners, simply observing walking characteristics and gait speed can tell us information about:
- Balance confidence
- Overall health
- Ability to recovery from hospitalization and surgery
- Life Expectancy
- And much more!
In fact, walking ... Continue Reading
- Introducing: Age-Proof Your Body Class Series! March 8, 2019
This month, Northern Virginia Family Practice and MovementX were proud to introduce the first classes of the ‘Age-Proof Your Body’ exercises class series. The series is comprised of 8 classes that cover a variety of topics from strength and mobility to balance and posture. If you would like to attend an upcoming class, ... Continue Reading
- Age-Proof Your Body: Class #3 Summary March 6, 2019
Our special “Age-Proof Your Body” exercise series continues! You’ll find a summary of class #3 below, and illustrations to help you try these at home. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Our next class focused on Shoulder & Arm Mobility & Strengthening, will be held Monday, March 18th from 10:45 am-11:45 am and ... Continue Reading
- Why Today’s Health News Often Becomes Tomorrow’s Retractions January 11, 2019
Handle with Care: Why Today’s Health News Often Becomes Tomorrow’s Retractions
We’ve all seen it played out hundreds of times, as a drug, food or habit is trumpeted as the way to lower the risk of ... Continue Reading