All Wellness News
- Let It Go: The Ancient Art of Meditation October 12, 2020Continue Reading
Finding Peace Through Mindfulness and Meditation
Mindful, compassionate, serene, happy: emotions that have been in short supply during the pandemic but can be beautifully restored to those who embrace the chance to learn the time- honored practice and art of meditation. For many, it ...
- Navigating Uncertain Times with Hope and Optimism July 7, 2020Continue Reading
How to Adjust, Adapt and Embrace the New Normal
As we emerge cautiously from the safety of home into a world that seems comfortingly familiar ...
- Pet Therapy: The Healing Power of Dogs April 1, 2020Continue Reading
Unleashed: The Healing Power of Dogs
“Who rescued whom?”
They’re already considered best friends, trusty companions and beloved members of the family. Now add to the dog’s list of accomplishments, ...
- Alcohol Affects Women Differently than Men December 2, 2019Continue Reading
The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-Neutral
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine glass ...
- When Are the Best Years of Our Lives? November 26, 2019Continue Reading
Life’s Happiness Continuum
Is there a predetermined peak age for happiness, before which our normal outlook is gloomy and melancholy and after which we slump ...
- Friday, September 13th: Put on your walking shoes and join us! September 10, 2019Continue Reading
- Fighting Fatigue July 9, 2019Continue Reading
Wake-up Call: Fighting Fatigue at Its Roots
Feel like you are fighting fatigue throughout the day, the joy in life slowly diminishing and your active lifestyle becoming a distant memory? Are these ordinary signs of ...
- Friday, July 12th: Put on your walking shoes and join us! July 9, 2019Continue Reading
- Dr. Natasha Beauvais is in the News April 16, 2019Continue Reading
Are you curious about the key to aging in place? Check out Dr. Beauvais recent article featured in ...
- Age-Proof Your Body Class Series: Walking & Running March 25, 2019Continue Reading
Walking Speed: an important indicator of health
There’s a lot you can tell about someone simply based upon how they walk! As healthcare practitioners, simply observing walking characteristics and gait speed can tell us information about:
- Balance confidence
- Overall health
- Ability to recovery from hospitalization and surgery
- Life Expectancy
- And much more!
In fact, walking ...