- An Ounce of Prevention MD – Telemedicine is Here to Stay May 19, 2020Continue Reading
An Ounce of Prevention MD
“Telemedicine is Here to Stay”
By L. Kenneth Zweig, M.D.
Telemedicine has taken the medical world by storm in the wake of COVID-19. In the span of about ten days, I went from ...
- Podcast – Women and Heart Disease May 13, 2020Continue Reading
Dr. Cecily Havert talks about heart disease and how it affects women’s lives and their health. Dr. Havert says a huge myth is that women don’t get heart attacks when in fact heart disease is the number one cause of death for women. Listen to The Second Half on Apple Podcast.
- Podcast – Developments on Covid-19 Since Quarantine Began April 29, 2020Continue Reading
Dr. Cecily Havert talks about the developments and changes she’s seen in her medical practice and the medical community since the quarantine has begun. She discusses where are we now in terms of antibody testing and how the virus is impacting our ability to manage our other medical conditions. Listen to The Second Half ...
- Be Well Virginia: View Our Second Virtual Town Hall April 27, 2020Continue Reading
Thank you all for joining our second virtual town hall last week!
In our second town hall session, NVFP physicians welcomed their friend and colleague, Dr. Deborah Brauer, an experienced GI physician, for a fascinating discussion on COVID-19 as it relates to the ...
- Be Well Virginia: Our First Virtual Town Hall, Now Available for Viewing April 21, 2020Continue Reading
Thank you all for joining our virtual town hall sessions last week! More than 150 patients logged in to be part of NVFPA’s teleconference debut, and sent in over 6o questions for our doctors to address. Recognizing the high level ...
- An Ounce of Prevention MD – The Great Outdoors April 1, 2020Continue Reading
The Great Outdoors
Most of us are stuck at home as a result of COVID-19. This is obviously a scary and unprecedented time for all of us. I’m sure many of you, if not most of you, are having a difficult ...
- Podcast – The Impact of Coronavirus on Healthcare Providers & the Community March 24, 2020Continue Reading
Dr. Cecily Havert discusses the novel coronavirus and its impact on healthcare providers and the community at large. Dr. Havert discusses how COVID-19 turned all our worlds upside down both personally and professionally. Listen to the Second Half on Apple Podcasts
- Podcast – Menopause and Women’s Health with Dr. Havert March 9, 2020Continue Reading
Join the conversation about Menopause and Women’s Health – Cecily Havert is interviewed again in the podcast series #thesecondhalfpodcast that explores the challenges and joys experienced in the second half of our lives. Dr. Havert of NorthernVirginiaFamilyPractice explains some of the physical and mental changes that occur before, during and after menopause, as well as ...
- An Ounce of Prevention MD – How to Get the Most Out of Your Doctor’s Visit March 5, 2020Continue Reading
How to Get the Most Out of Your Doctor’s Visit
At least once a day, I have a patient who comes to me and says,”I can’t remember what else I was going to ask you.” No, it’s not dementia setting in. ...
- An Ounce of Prevention MD – Be a Loser! February 19, 2020Continue Reading
Be a loser!
No, not another “how to” on weight loss?!?! Can’t we talk about diabetes, or pancreatitis or anything else???
I get it. There are about 27,000 weight loss books on Amazon, and a search of “weight loss blogs” on Google revealed almost 400,000 hits. ...