Living Breathing Medicine Podcast – Simply Caring with Dr. Cecily Havert
Thank you for listening to season one of Living Breathing Medicine! We’ll be back soon with more episodes. In the meantime, follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn and let us know who you’d like us to interview in the future.
- 0:34 – Dr. Natasha Beauvais begins episode nine with an introduction for Dr. Cecily Havert, and kicks off the conversation by asking – “Could you take a look at your schedule from the last two days and pick out whatever jumps up into your mind as a significant medical or relationship experience?”
- 1:48 – 4:31 – “Yeah, she’s somebody that holds a pretty special place in my heart and my soul.” Dr. Havert picks a patient that she has developed a close relationship with and has helped the patient through their struggles with addiction.
- 4:38 – 9:25 – “And as part of the healing process, especially for her, she needed somebody she could connect with.”
- 9:31 – 13:31 – “I would always tell her – I’m your biggest fan! I’m your cheerleader, you know? You’re doing all the hard work, and I hope you know I’ve got your back.”
- 13:53 – 16:30 – Dr. Havert tells the story of when her patient had a grand mal seizure in her office and how that was the turning point for both the patient and Dr. Havert. “That’s her essence. And it took me a while to find out that that’s really who she is, that she has this huge heart, that’s so caring.”
- 16:51 – 23:44 – The providers talk about developing trusting relationships with their patients, and the importance of removing all judgement from the exam room.
- 24:10 – 27:36 – “And I’m wondering, at what point in your medical career did you begin to feel like you could name that confidence in yourself?”
- 27:41 – 29:47 – Dr. Beauvais thanks Dr. Havert for her time and for her candor – “This conversation conveys such deep attention to your patient’s needs and experiences.”
Living Breathing Medicine is a podcast from Northern Virginia Family Practice. Find us on Facebook and LinkedIn, and be sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode. You can also nominate health care providers for future interviews here.