Dr. Cornwell grew up in Alexandria, Virginia and graduated from Indiana University. He earned his medical degree from George Washington University in Washington, D.C. He completed his Family Practice residency at Fairfax Family Practice, Fairfax, Virginia through the Medical College of Virginia where he received the distinction of Chief Resident. Dr. Cornwell enjoys caring for people of all ages. He has been practicing in Northern Virginia since 1990. An avid swimmer, he also enjoys skiing, kayaking, and biking. He resides in Alexandria.
Honors and Awards
- Top Doctor, Consumers’ Checkbook: 2015 -2016
- Top Doctor: 2013, 2012, 2011
- Best Rated Doctor, Consumer Checkbook: 2005-2012
- Top Doctors, Washington Magazine: 2005-2012
- Best Doctor of America: 2008-2012