Hello APYB! Hoping everyone is staying warm this week Below is some great content to browse, but most importantly, find our big announcement for the new 10-week AgeProof Your Body series starting February 1st!
Here are the exercises we will be covering on Monday. Please take time to review this content in your book, and see the links below for video education and demonstration of each exercise we will cover on Monday!
○ L1: Mini Squat: 19
○ L2: Sit to Stand 20
○ L3: Air Squat 21
○ L1: Bilateral Overhead Press 64
○ L2: Incline Press 65
○ L3: Loaded Overhead Press 65
○ L1: Lateral Stepping 117
○ L2: Quadrant Stepping 118
○ L3: Ladder Drills 118
○ L1: Reverse Mini Lunge 93
○ L2: Reverse Slide 94 (have a paper towel or paper plate handy!)
○ L3: Full Reverse Lunge 95
○ L1: Lateral Raises See video
○ L2: Front Raises See video
○ L3: Lateral to Front Raises See video
○ L1: Standing March 123
○ L2: Running in Place 124
○ L3: Jumping Jacks 125
Same Time, Same Place!
- When – LIVE! Class Time: Monday, January 25th at 12:00-1:00pm EST (9-10am PST). Doors will open at 11:45 am EST (8:45 am PST) for those with any questions or who would like to engage with the community prior to officially starting.
- Where: For Monday’s class, simply click the link highlighted here when the time comes! This link and password below will remain the same for access to all classes offered during the membership programming. The password is: 116899.
- Equipment: All you will need for Monday’s class is:
○ A stable chair of about average height
○ An exercise mat or towel
○ A water bottle
○ To add resistance/load to your movements, please have dumbbells or weighted household items.
More Myths Debunked!
Yes! Running is still an option!!
Have you ever felt consumed by certain standards that the “ideal healthy individual” achieves? For example: 8 hours of sleep is absolutely necessary for optimal health. 10,000 steps or bust!
Well, what if we gave ourselves a bit of grace, and recognize that exercise and health are not a one size fits all endeavor. In an interview with NPR’s Terry Gross and Professor Daniel Lieberman, they analyze and debunk certain health ideals and/or myths that possibly cause us to stress instead of embrace success! Most importantly, they take a quick dive into the aging adult and exercise.
- “I think one of the most important points about physical activity is that as we age, it becomes not less but more important to be physically active” (Gross, 2021.)
- “…the mechanisms that get turned on when we do a little bit of strength training don’t diminish with age. So if you’re in your 80s or 90s and you do a little bit of strength training, you’ll still get enormous benefits” (Gross, 2021.)
Have you considered adding to your exercise routine but don’t know where to start? Or have a nagging discomfort that is keeping you from your intended routine? Remember to reach out at www.movement-x.com for a free consultation for physical therapy or personal training. Or simply email email@example.com to pair you with someone that can help!
Gross, T. (2021, January 21). Just Move: Scientist Author Debunks Myths About Exercise And Sleep. Retrieved January 24, 2021, from https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/01/21/959140732/just-move-scientist-author-debunks-myths-about-exercise-and-sleep
Still Time for the APYB Promotion!
The last day to redeem is 1/31/2021!
We are currently offering a FREE month for new APYB memberships. Have you encountered anyone looking for a safe space to move, engage with a community, and reach their goals and resolutions for 2021? Please share the website and promo code APYBMOVES2021 to use at checkout! Thanks to those who have spread the word and helped us reach more people with community and movement!
More on the Zoom Spotlight Fix
For those of you still having issues with the Zoom Spotlight feature, it seems that fully uninstalling (not just deleting and downloading again) is an important step in resolution! See the instructions below, which have specifics to any device you are using for class. Thank you for your patience!
Let’s start by trying to uninstall the zoom desktop application. Please follow the steps outlined here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-How-to-uninstall-Zoom-on-a-Mac-
After doing so we will need to re-install the zoom application.
1. Navigate to Zoom’s Download Center and select Download for Zoom Client for Meetings.
2. Run the downloaded installer file and follow the instructions to install.
Announcements and Welcome to APYB!
Accountability for Consistency!
We will be starting a 10-week AgeProof your body series starting next Monday, February 1st! Don’t worry- your current membership covers access to the 10-week series. However, for those of you interested, the Accountability package will be available again for purchase on the website here!
Big picture: The accountability package gives you one-on-one feedback each week with a MovementX Provider! We will be helping you track minutes exercised, what type of exercise was done during the week, how hard the exercise felt, suggestions for leveling up or down in exercises, and direct feedback for questions that come up throughout our series! Accountability helps us stay on track to reach our goals, let us help you do just that! Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Also, Please join me in welcoming our newest APYB members! Thank you for being a part of our community!
- Don Burtner
- Alice Hirschfeld
Please let us know what you need, and we look forward to seeing you in class!
Questions? If at any point you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at email@example.com or Josh at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want you to feel supported and empowered as we get started!
Thank you so much for your continued investment in your health, wellness, and ability to move well. We look forward to this continued journey together!
Yours in good health,
Meredith and the MovementX + NVFP Team