Arrhythmias – Why Is My Heart Racing? With Dr. Arehzo Jahangiri
Does your heart race all of sudden, and you find yourself worrying if it is normal or not? Dr. Cecily Havert and Dr. Natasha Beauvais are joined by Dr. Arehzo Jahangiri, a board certified physician in Internal Medicine and Cardiology, to discuss arrhythmias and heart palpitations, why your heart is racing, when you should (and should not) worry, the impact of stress and anxiety, and more.
Virtual Town Hall Meeting
- 1:00 – Dr. Cecily Havert introduces Dr. Arehzo Jahangiri, a board-certified physician in internal medicine and cardiology at Amelia Heart & Vascular Center.
- 3:58 – Dr. Jahangiri presents the outline of her presentation.
- 4:25 – What is an Arrhythmia? Why do they happen? Dr. Jahangiri shares background information on what arrhythmias look like, why they happen, and more.
- 6:03 – What are heart palpitations, and why should you care? Learn how palpitations are awareness of the forceful, rapid, or irregular beatings of the heart.
- 8:36–19:10 – Dr. Jahangiri discusses causes of heart palpitations such as caffeine, medications, stress and anxiety, anemia, and much more.
- 20:22 – What is Atrial Fibrillation: “A fib”? One of the most common types of heart arrhythmias, A fib occurs when your heart’s chambers are not coordinated, causing slow or irregular heartbeats.
- 26:17 – When to see your doctor for palpitations? Increase in palpitations, fainting, chest pain or troubled breathing – Dr. Jahangiri discusses when it is best to see your doctor for heart palpitations.
- 27:41-37:07 – Dr. Jahangiri talks about what doctors look for in patients with palpitations, and the tools used such as EKG, monitors, and more. She concludes with talking about treatments used by doctors for patients with heart palpitations.
- 40:00 – 60:00 – Q&A with Dr. Jahangiri