Now Where’d I Put My Keys? With Dr. Natalia Kayloe
Dementia continues to effect individuals and their families around the world, leaving many wondering what they can do to prevent or reduce their risk. Join Dr. Ken Zweig for a conversation with Dr. Natalia Kayloe, a board certified psychiatrist and neurologist, to discuss the signs and symptoms of dementia, treatment methods, and so much more.
Virtual Town Hall Meeting
- 0:15 – Dr. Ken Zweig begins the town hall with a few housekeeping items, including a COVID-19 update.
- 1:11 – 2:34 – Dr. Zweig introduces Dr. Maria Castillo, NVFP’s newest provider who joined NVFP at the beginning of May. Dr. Castillo addresses attendees, stating how excited she is to be part of the NVFP team and how she looks forward to meeting everyone.
- 3:13 – 4:48 – Dr. Zweig then introduces Dr. Natalia Kayloe, a board-certified psychiatrist and neurologist, sharing with attendees her impressive background.
- 4:48 – 9:52 – Dr. Kayloe discusses why she decided to pursue neurology, as she tells the story of her father suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. She then discusses the multiple risk factors, hereditary factors, and more surrounding Alzheimer’s disease.
- 11:02 – 11:38 – Dr. Zweig clarifies what constitutes as a “glass” of alcohol when speaking medically: Wine – 6oz, beer – 12oz, hard alcohol – 1.5 oz.
- 11:38 – 13:14 – The providers remind attendees of the importance of regularly taking your medication and speaking to your doctor about your risk factors.
- 13:30 – 17:23 – Dr. Kayloe shares the different types of scans and methods used to find Alzheimer’s disease, including MRI’s, P.E.T scans, and much more.
- 17:23 – 18:34 – Dr. Zweig discusses how memory is addressed at each physical, and the importance of discussing with your provider if you feel your memory declining. The providers also talk about the importance of planning and how to help the family member when the time comes.
- 19:30 – 24:16 – Dr. Kayloe goes into detail about the many treatments to Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Dr. Kayloe also acknowledges she hasn’t seen any preventative medications for Dementia.
- 25:00 – 46:39 – Dr. Kayloe answers the many questions from attendees.