An Ounce of Prevention MD – “A Different Way to Calm Your Mind- Micromeditation”September 15, 2020
An Ounce of Prevention MD – Why You Might Want to Still Stay Home After A Negative COVID TestAugust 18, 2020
- An Ounce of Prevention MD – “A Different Way to Calm Your Mind- Micromeditation” September 15, 2020Continue Reading
I’m sure you’ve heard about the benefits of meditation, and probably had someone suggest you try it. Meditation is touted to help relieve stress, anxiety and depression, and improve attention, memory, sleep and energy. I’ve heard this mantra (cue “groan”) for years, but ...
- An Ounce of Prevention MD – Why You Might Want to Still Stay Home After A Negative COVID Test August 18, 2020Continue Reading
An Ounce of Prevention M.D.
Why You Might Want to Still Stay Home After A Negative COVID Test
As an internist, I’ve been fielding a lot of COVID-related questions lately. ...
- Exercise is the best medicine! July 30, 2020Continue Reading
Exercise is the best medicine!
Have you ever been asked to do something and been caught completely off guard? Despite knowing that physical fitness improves health and makes us feel better, many people in my exam rooms look at me quizzically when we discuss exercise. There was sometimes disbelief in their eyes or sometimes ...
- Be Well, Virginia Town Hall: Featuring Robyn Brickel, MA, LMFT and Francine Ronis, LPC July 28, 2020
- An Ounce of Prevention MD – My Aching Head July 22, 2020Continue Reading
An Ounce of Prevention M.D.
My Aching Head
Do you suffer from headaches? Chances are pretty good that you do, since more than half of adults get headaches at least once ...
- Coronavirus Vaccine: Expert Says, ‘We Need Time to Get This Right’ July 7, 2020Continue Reading
Expert Calls for Slow & Steady Approach in Vaccine Development
While the race to develop a coronavirus vaccine may seem as if it’s being run in slow motion, with most experts predicting ...
- Superfoods and Your Immune System July 7, 2020Continue Reading
Food for Thought: Nourishing the Immune System
As football coaches and nutritionists know, the best offense is a good defense. In the fight against COVID-19, the promise of boosting the immune system with specific ‘superfoods’ ...
- Navigating Uncertain Times with Hope and Optimism July 7, 2020Continue Reading
How to Adjust, Adapt and Embrace the New Normal
As we emerge cautiously from the safety of home into a world that seems comfortingly familiar yet irrefutably ...
- Be Well, Virginia Town Hall: Standing PROUD in Healthcare with Dr. Adam Sasso and Bethany Wolf-Stuth June 29, 2020Continue Reading
Northern Virginia Family Practice is excited to share the next “Be Well Virginia” Town Hall virtual meeting entitled, “Standing PROUD in Healthcare”. On June 24th, Dr. Cecily Havert and Dr. Natasha Beauvais welcomed Dr. Adam ...
- Be Well, Virginia Town Hall: Rebecca Mohning, MS, RD, CSSD, LD, Registered Dietician June 26, 2020Continue Reading
Natasha Beauvais, MD, and Jessica Ware, PA-C welcomed Rebecca Mohning, MS, RD, CSSD, LD, a registered dietitian, on Thursday, June 18th, and discussed several topics related to staying healthy during the ...
- An Ounce of Prevention MD – My Aching Head July 22, 2020