- 7/18/2019: Arlington Library Talk: Wellness in the LGBTQ Community July 15, 2019
Together we can change attitudes, assumptions and disparities affecting LGBTQ health.
While LGBTQ individuals have many of the same health concerns as the general population, they experience certain health challenges at higher rates, and also face several unique issues, from ... Continue Reading
- Keto Diet: Right for You? July 10, 2019
Considering Keto: Is It the Right Diet for You?
The truth is that a silver bullet for weight loss likely does not exist, but Americans’ perpetual search continues unabated. Low-carb diets such as Paleo, Whole30, and most prominently, Ketogenics, or “keto” may be the latest contenders, yet Academy ... Continue Reading
- Kidney Prevention: Treatment and Prevention July 10, 2019
This Too Shall Pass: Treating and Preventing Kidney Stones
More common, frequently less painful and far more preventable than reputed, kidney stones have, thankfully, entered a new era of highly effective, noninvasive procedures. We bring you up to date on this eminently treatable condition.
Q: Why do kidney stones ... Continue Reading
- Fight Fatigue July 9, 2019
Wake-up Call: Fight Fatigue at Its Roots
Are these ordinary signs of aging? Exhausted throughout the day, joy in life slowly diminishing, active lifestyle becoming a distant memory. No, no and no. Feeling tired all the ... Continue Reading
- Friday, July 12th: Put on your walking shoes and join us! July 9, 2019
- Friday, June 7th: Put on your walking shoes and join us! June 3, 2019
- June 22, 2019: NVFP at the 2019 Well Ray Festival May 31, 2019
- National Nurses Week May 13, 2019
When it comes to saying thanks to our dedicated nurses, assistants, etc., we don’t want to miss an opportunity to honor them with heartfelt appreciation on National Nurses Week. Last week, Dr. Bill Kempe helped ... Continue Reading
- Walk With The Doc Recap: May 10th May 13, 2019
Last Friday, the monthly Steppin’ Out walk drew a friendly and enthusiastic gathering of NVPA patients, staff members..even a few dogs…to enjoy the benefits of a walk and relaxed conversation.
Some ... Continue Reading
- Friday May 10th, 2019: Put on your walking shoes and join us! May 6, 2019