- Podcast: Tools to Cope w/ Stress & Anxiety During the Pandemic August 4, 2020Continue Reading
- Exercise is the best medicine! July 30, 2020Continue Reading
Exercise is the best medicine!
Have you ever been asked to do something and been caught completely off guard? Despite knowing that physical fitness improves health and makes us feel better, many people in my exam rooms look at me quizzically when we discuss exercise. There was sometimes disbelief in their eyes or sometimes ...
- An Ounce of Prevention MD – My Aching Head July 22, 2020Continue Reading
An Ounce of Prevention M.D.
My Aching Head
Do you suffer from headaches? Chances are pretty good that you do, since more than half of adults get headaches at least once a year, and many get them much more frequently. ...
- Don’t Stress Me Out! Living Your Best Life in Times of Crisis July 14, 2020Continue Reading
Sometimes the stress of COVID seems like it’s too much to bear. With our world turned completely upside down, it’s natural for stress levels to be high. How we manage our anxiety is a key factor in emerging from this crisis intact and ready ...
- Patient Questions & Answers From Recent “Be Well Virginia” Town Halls July 9, 2020
Be Well Virginia, Northern Virginia Family Practice’s town hall series has received amazing questions from our patients over the last few weeks. Here are a few that you have submitted over the last month regarding the Coronavirus.
- Be Well, Virginia Town Hall: Standing PROUD in Healthcare with Dr. Adam Sasso and Bethany Wolf-Stuth June 29, 2020Continue Reading
Northern Virginia Family Practice is excited to share the next “Be Well Virginia” Town Hall virtual meeting entitled, “Standing PROUD in Healthcare”. On June 24th, Dr. Cecily Havert and Dr. Natasha Beauvais welcomed Dr. Adam Sasso (current Major in the U.S. Army and Family ...
- Be Well, Virginia Town Hall: Rebecca Mohning, MS, RD, CSSD, LD, Registered Dietician June 26, 2020Continue Reading
Natasha Beauvais, MD, and Jessica Ware, PA-C welcomed Rebecca Mohning, MS, RD, CSSD, LD, a registered dietitian, on Thursday, June 18th, and discussed several topics related to staying healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. Rebecca shared tips for healthy cooking and ...
- An Ounce of Prevention MD – How to Avoid COVID-19; There’s More To It Than Just Distance June 24, 2020Continue Reading
An Ounce of Prevention MD
“How to Avoid COVID-19; There’s More To It Than Just Distance”
By L. Kenneth Zweig, M.D.
By now, everyone is aware of the importance of physical distancing to prevent the spread of ...
- Podcast: Healthcare for the LGBTQ Community June 18, 2020Continue Reading
Healthcare Considerations in the LGBTQ community for Pride Month
Dr. Cecily Havert discusses some of the unique health issues faced by the LGBTQ community, including physical, emotional, and mental health.
- Be Well, Virginia Town Hall: COVID Pandemic Developments June 18, 2020Continue Reading
In our seventh Town Hall session of “Be Well, Virginia”, June 4, 2020, Dr. Ian Seemungal, an infectious disease specialist from Virginia Hospital Center, discussed the latest developments in the COVID ...
- Be Well, Virginia Town Hall: Standing PROUD in Healthcare with Dr. Adam Sasso and Bethany Wolf-Stuth June 29, 2020