- Be Well Virginia: A virtual Town Hall discussion with Dr. Jodie Guest October 30, 2020Continue Reading
- An Ounce of Prevention MD – “A Different Way to Calm Your Mind- Micromeditation” September 15, 2020Continue Reading
I’m sure you’ve heard about the benefits of meditation, and probably had someone suggest you try it. Meditation is touted to help relieve stress, anxiety and depression, and improve attention, memory, sleep and energy. I’ve heard this mantra (cue “groan”) for years, but ...
- Staying Ahead of The Game: Preventative Healthcare for the Win September 4, 2020Continue Reading
At the heart of Primary Care medicine is the idea of prevention. Admittedly, it is not a glamorous idea, and rarely are the benefits immediately seen. Let’s take a closer look at this concept: When a General Surgeon performs an emergency appendectomy on a patient, the benefit to this intervention is recognized the moment the ...
- 5 tips to keep your children healthy at school August 25, 2020Continue Reading
5 tips to keep your children healthy at school
It’s August and with that comes school. In the past, my children were excited about back to school shopping, school supplies, and finding out their class schedules. As a parent of two, in August I would ...
- An Ounce of Prevention MD – Why You Might Want to Still Stay Home After A Negative COVID Test August 18, 2020Continue Reading
An Ounce of Prevention M.D.
Why You Might Want to Still Stay Home After A Negative COVID Test
As an internist, I’ve been fielding a lot of COVID-related questions lately. ...
- More Questions & Answers from “Be Well Virginia” Town Halls August 13, 2020Continue Reading
As cases of COVID-19 are rising in parts of the United States, Northern Virginia Family Practice is here to answer your questions. Sessions from our Town Hall Series Be Well Virginia are posted on our website. I’ve included below a few of the valuable questions our amazing patients have sent in.
- Can you address the safety ...
- Podcast: Tools to Cope w/ Stress & Anxiety During the Pandemic August 4, 2020Continue Reading
- Exercise is the best medicine! July 30, 2020Continue Reading
Exercise is the best medicine!
Have you ever been asked to do something and been caught completely off guard? Despite knowing that physical fitness improves health and makes us feel better, many people in my exam rooms look at me quizzically when we discuss exercise. There was sometimes disbelief in their eyes or sometimes ...
- An Ounce of Prevention MD – My Aching Head July 22, 2020Continue Reading
An Ounce of Prevention M.D.
My Aching Head
Do you suffer from headaches? Chances are pretty good that you do, since more than half of adults get headaches at least once ...
- Don’t Stress Me Out! Living Your Best Life in Times of Crisis July 14, 2020Continue Reading